Forums » General » Tech » Free phone number app recommendations?

tophat  GlenH87
Since: Feb-2016
pushpin 55

Back in 2011 I found a free phone number app that did what you'd expect it do do. Every month you would be given a new number. cant find the app anymore and all the available apps comes with a monthly subscription fee. Know of any FREE phone number apps?

tophat  phishfood
Since: May-2015
pushpin 98

There are a couple you can use -- Sideline, and Burner.

tophat  pokerpoker
Since: Dec-2016
pushpin 3

Google Hangouts plus Google Voice with a new email address every month.  

tophat  swimsrus2002
Since: Dec-2016
pushpin 6 - 2 Reviews

I've found burner to be a very useful tool! it's not free completely, but like 4 dollars for a decent amount of calls and texts is pretty reasonable.

tophat  GlenH87
Since: Feb-2016
pushpin 55

Found the app that I use to use. It's TextNow. I was able to set up an appointment with a provider until she canceled 😅

tophat  don
Since: Aug-2014
pushpin 60 - Qr 18 Reviews

I use Talkatone. It's imperfect but  free texts and calls

tophat  Zorro
Since: Nov-2015
pushpin 17 - 4 Reviews

I've been using Sideline for a few months and am quite happy with it.  Free but they do show you ads which you can remove if you go for their paid premium service.

For some reason, I've been unable to use Googlevoice for sending pix, no problem with Sideline

tophat  JohnMarckof
Since: Oct-2016
pushpin 27 - 2 Reviews

I've used sideline and it's worked perfectly with no hassles, but I haven't compared it to anything else.

tophat  Scotty2017
Since: Jan-2017
pushpin 5

Google voice has an upgrade try it out its the best out of my experience . I also use Line2 good for texting . Essentially you carry one phone with 3 numbers