Forums » Monterey, Santa Cruz » Monterey, Santa Cruz - Hobbyist » To Tip or Not To Tip?

tophat  thejohnson-ns
Since: Jun-2015
pushpin 21

I've see some provider ads stating they are "tip friendly" as well as having had some providers request tips during a session. As I always bring exact change for the time requested for a visit, I have nothing additional to give. It seems like an additional guilt trip and I will not see a provider again who requests tips over and above the initially agreed time duration.

Ladies: what motivates you to either request tips or not request tips?

Guys: what is your reaction to a request for tips?

Img 0464
rose  Kissesbykandi
Since: Apr-2016
pushpin 18 - 19 Reviews

The only time I request a tip is when I am traveling a long distance, say somewhere that takes me more than 90 min to travel to.

I NEVER ask for a tip for my service otherwise. If you book me, I am charging you at my FULL rate for FULL service 💁🏽 IOW, my rate is all-inclusive. Extras (keeping panties, bringing party favors, etc) receive their own charge. If you want to tip me, that's greatly appreciated. But if I wanted more $, I'd include it in my rate. 

Requesting a tip seems, well, trashy. I don't want to go so far as to say it's desperate but it's unnecessary and not a marker of good service. 

All being said, gentlemen, I LOVE tips! But it's never expected, and you won't hear me ask for one. 

Closer
rose  GoddessAthena
Vip  Since: Mar-2015
pushpin 1540 - 38 Reviews

If someone asks for something off my menu and I grant them an extra service I might mention it is appropriate to tip and that if that arrangement is sought after in the future tip is proper.

Otherwise I agree with Kissesbykandi, the rate should cover all menu items listed in an ad unless you indicate for small hikes for special services.  Asking for tips is just poor form.  Tips are not required and let's be clear aren't all providers tip friendly?  That is just a way of trying to push for a tip whether it is earned or not.

Goddess Athena
~ Tipping... it isn't just for cows.

Squifffffy
tophat  Squiggy
Since: Feb-2015
pushpin 2442

If someone's asking for a tip while screwing  u-  its a    upsell.

tophat  thejohnson-ns
pushpin 21

I completely agree Kandi. I have no problem with an increased fee for outcall, especially when clearly stated in the ad or discussed on the phone in advance. I don't consider that a "tip"; it's an additional cost to me that is a trade-off to cover the provider driving to my place instead of me driving to visit their location.  

The problem appears when a tip is requested when they arrive - it kills my mood. My response in that case is to politely say I have exact change for the agreed time, then don't contact the provider again.

tophat  thejohnson-ns
pushpin 21

Off-menu items I have no problem with an additional fee and I don't consider that a "tip" either. 

There is a bit of an issue if the provider does not want to discuss a particular request on the phone. In that case I ask a series of yes/no questions and that seems to help us both maintain discretion while setting up a visit.

tophat  thejohnson-ns
pushpin 21

It's the up-sell itself that turns me off regardless of how polite the discussion.

Surprise fees are a No-Go!

tophat  Caliber1
Since: May-2016
pushpin 27 - 2 Reviews

I think it's kinda tacky, had it happen only twice to me 1 time in an AMP & the other during a quicky, the provider said the quicky only came with a CBJ & didn't make that clear till she had already started. Could it be that if they are asking for a tip, maybe they want some money for themselves because they might have a pimp that's expecting all of what ever u arranged originally? Just a thought!

tophat  thejohnson-ns
pushpin 21

Back in the mid to late 1990's in the Mountain View Asian massage parlor scene on and around El Camino Real, "tip me" was the code word used by the relaxation assistant (RA) when she was was ready to have fun. As the house always collected $40-$60 fee upon client entry, this was an expected "tip" (about $100 or so) for the horizontal entertainment about to commence. I have no idea if, or how much of that "tip" was shared with the house.

Some of the RA's would ask for another tip at the end of the session and I would politely decline. If I went back and the same girl was assigned to "take care of me", I would ask for another girl. There were more than enough girls in each house to make substitution easy. I remember some of the Asian RA girls made a lot of money back then. 

Brew2
tophat  anon103
Vip  Verifiedbadge Since: May-2015
pushpin 1654 - Qr 55 Reviews

I tip if service is exceptional or when menu is expanded. Otherwise no, the rate is what the gal requested. A tip can help gain a marginal level of favor if you plan to repeat regularly with a gal though. 

As far as gals asking for tips; nope. Usually the ones who do this are not good at their job, so why give more for poor service. 

tophat  thejohnson-ns
pushpin 21

I have an ATF I've been seeing for about a year and the subject of tips has never been discussed the entire time we've been seeing each other. I occasionally buy her lingerie that she wears for me when she visits. I don't consider that at "tip". It's more like frosting on a yummy cake I get to eat.  :-)

tophat  Pusimassage
Since: Mar-2016
pushpin 1061 - Qr 39 Reviews

Whaaaaaaaat! I would first like to acknowledge the classy ladies that have posted opinions, a provider at the top of her game doesn't have to ask for a tip!.
It seems that the only time I have ever been asked to tip is when a ho has rendered sub par service. Use to happen a lot on CL and BP, it has only happened once on NS by a begging ho in Bakersfield and I tipped her just to shut her cum scared ass up! 
On the other hand there is a Godess in Bakersfield that I can't help but tip her after every visit, I would go broke if I brought my check book! She brings it so real that I feel she is my girlfriend! 
I love it when I find one who's service demands a tip! 

rose  AlexisFierce
Vip  Verifiedbadge Since: Dec-2014
pushpin 100 - 17 Reviews

idk that's just weird to me why not just ask for a high donation........

tophat  thejohnson-ns
pushpin 21

Exceptional service is quite rare these days. If I do find it, I'd rather be a repeat customer instead of tipping. To each his own.  :-)

tophat  thejohnson-ns
pushpin 21

I agree, Ms Fierce. Ask for what you want and let go of the deception. It makes the session much more enjoyable.  smiley

Closer
rose  GoddessAthena
Vip  Since: Mar-2015
pushpin 1540 - 38 Reviews

idk that's just weird to me why not just ask for a high donation....... AlexisFierce

The lower rate is to get the guy in the door and then the lady in question ambushes him for the extra charge.  It is a dishonest way of doing business and that is why I find it loathsome.

I have at times expanded my menu and gained nothing for it but a quick exit and a smile.  Reviews even in these situations have not necessarily shown high marks for service on my part even when I have gone above and beyond and that is kinda sad.

Goddess Athena
~ Tips should always be voluntary, they should not be extracted, demanded or extorted.