Forums » General » Tech » 'Jason Bourne' is embarrassingly dumb about tech

tophat Plum
Since: Apr '16
pushpin 773 - 22 Reviews

tophat amellowfellow
Since: Jul '15
pushpin 127 - 2 Reviews

I’m not sure which is funnier a “tech guy” critiquing a movie on a tech website and not knowing technology because most of his points are completely off or the fact he went looking for realism in a fictional movie about a secretly trained government hitman that losses his memory but fights his way back to his truth.

tophat Plum
Since: Apr '16
pushpin 773 - 22 Reviews

I’m not sure which is funnier a “tech guy” critiquing a movie on a tech website and not knowing technology because most of his points are completely off or the fact he went looking for realism in a fictional movie about a secretly trained government hitman that losses his memory but fights his way back to his truth.
---

Overall, the movie is unrealistic. If only they had made it like Transformers, with super-advanced metallic life forms who communicate with English, or Wolverine, with his adamantium claws and quick-heal mutation...now THAT'S realistic! :)

tophat amellowfellow
pushpin 127 - 2 Reviews

That or some super rich smart guy being able to hang in with a battle against a super alien. Ummmmm the beauty of escapism. LMFAO I guess this is the perfect place for that kind of conversation. 

1391699 524650637629857 148575930 n
tophat Tekuracer
Since: Nov '15 Vip  
pushpin 62 - 2 Reviews

USE SQL TO BREAK THE DATABASE. 

Goddamnit.

tophat amellowfellow
pushpin 127 - 2 Reviews

Ever accidentally (or intentionally on accident hehe) miss-type an insert or delete statement? Ignore this fishwrap hack he had a deadline…

Listen here
tophat ad hoc man
Since: Jul '16
pushpin 70

I bought all three Jason Bourne dvd. Bourne was in the U.S. embassy and they decided to take him down right there so what do they do? They yell at him and tell him to stop. It was then that I discovered it was a comedy and not a thriller.

tophat amellowfellow
pushpin 127 - 2 Reviews

Soooooo a dude floating face down in an ocean for hours and surviving didn’t sound any “this ish aint intended to be real” alarms?

Quick question ever been to a foreign country and had to go to an American Embassy?

Img 6328
tophat Paul94544
Since: Feb '15 Vip  
pushpin 1088 - Qr 17 Reviews

SQL injection techniques are very easy to stop with some very basic code. All these stories about how easy it is are silly. Yes if the site is designed by an amateur but not the more professional ones. Like most things , people write stuff like this to get hits.

Img 6328
tophat Paul94544
Since: Feb '15 Vip  
pushpin 1088 - Qr 17 Reviews

I agree and what is funnier is that, Damon is on record as saying the reason he likes the Bourne so much is because it represent the "real spy world" not that ludicrous silly Bond franchise. In fact   I would say that Bond is better because it doesn't even try to pretend its for real whereas Bourne takes itself way to seriously. Damon is the fool and those fight scenes where just one blow would render someone immobile are laughable. 

1391699 524650637629857 148575930 n
tophat Tekuracer
Since: Nov '15 Vip  
pushpin 62 - 2 Reviews

you missed on the joke, me thinks.

tophat honu1111
Since: Jun '15
pushpin 352 - 1 Review

meh. Other then Mr Robot I've never seen a show/movie where tech had any semblance to reality.

tophat amellowfellow
pushpin 127 - 2 Reviews

humm sql injection is and has been the number one threat published in the OWASP top ten for the last 7 years including this years release candidate but yeah no way it can really happen chuckle chuckle.