Forums » General » Sports » USA men's soccer team gets knocked out of World Cup contention.

tophat Midnight_Rambler
Since: Sep '17
pushpin 160

And nobody gives a Frak. Lol. No matter how hard they try soccer will always be the lower tier of American sports.

20171030 113220
tophat Da99kine
Since: Feb '17
pushpin 10 - 7 Reviews

I agree! There's just too much political $$$ behind & preventing the best skilled players & coaches to even apply for a position on or off the field. If a great player or coach doesn't have $$$, it won't happen.

Even when they get lucky to get someone, the adminstration of Team USA (a.k.a. Private Investors, who knows JACK about soccer.) promotes "revenue & sponsorship" by manipulating who plays or when. The results for years, is very unfortunate for USA soccer fans.

Not to ignor that the power controllers of soccer (Futbol) around the world (e.g. FIFA, IFAB, IOC, CONCACAAF, UEFA, etc.) are still under investigations (5+ years) for allegations for corruption & racketeering (RICO).

Sorry for venting!

Download
tophat soundwave12
Since: Sep '14
pushpin 581 - 1 Review

Actually, I think a lot of people do give a fuck. I don't know what gives you the impression of the contrary.

I think "soccer" has no illusions that it'll be in a lower tier than traditional American sports but it's gonna make an effort to maximize the market in that lower tier. There's no doubt there is much bigger fan base here for the big UEFA leagues. And MLS has made strides too. Is it gonna topple the NBA, NFL,etc.? No, they don't really need to.