Forums » Support » Site Help » Submit Review button not working

tophat ilickalot53
Since: Jul '14
pushpin 729 - Qr 57 Reviews

So I just spent time with your new review format and it has some good points and some not so good which I'll comment on in the appropriate place. But for now, twice I wrote a review for a provider I recently visited and twice the Submit Review button has failed to do anything. I double checked that everything was filled in but still nothing.

tophat PAteo
pushpin 1103 - Qr 30 Reviews

Ditto for me. Wrote it twice and the button does nothing except show that you clicked it.

tophat ilickalot53

Tried again tonight to leave a review but it won’t submit. I’m using Internet Explorer on my laptop. I fill out the entire form and hit the submit button and absolutely nothing happens.

tophat PAteo

Ditto for me AGAIN! IE11. Used to be fine for reviews. Come on NS!!! What's going on here?

tophat ilickalot53

Since I've not gotten any further guidance from NS and Internet Explorer was my browser of choice, I thought I'd try to submit via Safari.  It worked.

NS, you must have a glitch in your interface with I.E.  

Apple touch icon 114x114 precomposed
Roundicons free set 59 admin
Since: Apr '14 Vip   Verifiedbadge
pushpin 1801

Hi All,

Thanks for letting us know.  We will get our team to look at this on IE and update you once we figure out what's going on. 

Thx

Roundicons free set 45 admin
pushpin 1801

Hi all,

We were able to submit a review on an IE 8 browser, Window's 8 today. 

Since the issues seems to be on IE 11, will you please right-click on the review submission page and inspect the element?  Then try submitting another review on IE 11 and taking a screenshot of the error you're getting.

We'll find a machine to install IE 11 and see if we can reproduce the issue.   Once we are able to replicate the issue, we can better resolve it for you.  

Thx

Img 20150429 152056
tophat TBIGuy82000
Since: Aug '14
pushpin 171 - 23 Reviews

I saw this post, I just had something happen kinda related:

Tried to reply to post in Break Room. As you guys probably have noticed, I can get pretty long-winded in my posts. This was a long one. I got done, scroll to bottom, hit submit reply,(just as I will with this), & screen comes up saying I have one other thing to complete! Then said something about "why am I being asked to complete a "CAPTCHA" , or Similiar! Only there wasn't one! Mentioned something about an anti-inflammatory. WTF was this??!! I backed out of page, it took me to the reply page, for the thread in Break Room, my reply was gone! I backed all the way out, hit menu button, scrolled down & signed out. Then, I signed back in, & here I am! What the hell happened? I'm using a Nexus 6 smartphone, Android version 7.0, using Firefox, on MetroPcs. Thanks! Hope I can submit this!

TBIGuy82000

tophat PAteo

*Bump* Any resolution for IE11 users?

tophat ilickalot53

I’ve not received any confirmation regarding the fix. I was able to submit the reviews I had via Safari and don’t currently have any to submit.

I would think that others out there would have said something if it had not yet been fixed. 

Admin.... any comments?

Roundicons free set 38 admin
pushpin 1801

Hi,

We haven't been able to reproduce the issue. 

Will you please right-click and take a screenshot of the console log error when submitting a review on IE11?  

This will help us with trying to figure out what's going on with IE11.

Thx

tophat PAteo

Admin,

There's NO error message. the button just changes color and 'dents' a bit when you click it, so I KNOW it was paying attention. Then, nothing. No spinning 'wait' icon. Just nothing...

Roundicons free set 68 admin
pushpin 1801

Hi Pateo,

I don't mean an error message from the site.  

It would be an error message in the developer console that is only visible if you open the debugging tool.  To get to the console, you need to right click and 'inspect'.  See screenshot for example.  

I'll PM you separately to discuss.  

tophat PAteo

Hi Admin. Here's the Console error message (F12 then click SUBMIT, go to Console tab and screenshot the entire error message list).

Error

tophat ilickalot53

How about sending me the instructions too? I just tried to submit a review and still get no action after hitting the submit button. 

tophat Gur0x530
Since: May '16
pushpin 2 - 2 Reviews

How about sending me the instructions too? I just tried to submit a review and still get no action after hitting the submit button. 

---

seconded! I’m having the same issue. Tried both on phone and IE

tophat PAteo

Okay, here's what you can do to log the problem for the Admin (this does NOT solve it, just documents the problem so they know what to go and fix):

1. Open IE11 and go to a Provider's listing and then click the "Review Me" button to go to the review page.
  2. Get it all filled out and ready to submit (I chose to insert bogus sample text and selections to 'review' an old Provider listing for someone that isn't active anymore, just in case it actually went through this time for some reason).
  3. Press F12 on your keyboard. This will open up a window along the bottom of the screen containing debugging information arranged in tabs.
  4. Click on the Console tab.
  5. Click the Submit button on the review page. A list of error messages should appear in the Consoles tab.
  6. Grab a screenshot of it using Snippet.
  7. Post the screenshot of the error message list here in this thread like I did above.

Roundicons free set 43 admin
pushpin 1801

Hi all,

We just pushed a potential fix last night for the submit button.  

Please try and let us know.

tophat ilickalot53

Success with the submitted review. Thanks!

But.... I don't know if it's related but after the review was saved and displayed, I selected the "gear" and My Favorites. It failed to load and I got the "OOPS, Something went wrong" screen. I tried My Favorites again and got booted out of NS. I then selected the BACK ARROW on my laptop and it took me to My Favorites. Not sure if this is related but I wanted to pass it along.