Forums » Support » Site Help » Right-click is disabled for ads...??

Eda56ec4d42f59390e933e281c3fc992
tophat VooDoo_Child
Since: Jul-2014
pushpin 1470 - 21 Reviews

Why am I not able to right-click on the ads??

I like to open multiple ads in new tabs, but as of now I can't do this...

WHY??

Also, I can't right-click anything WITHIN the ads... Need to be able to right-click phone number to do a Google search...

This is making it HARDER for us to hobby...

*I can right-click the feature ads that are scrolling at the top or the side but I can't right-click the ads in the main page...  ???

Gemini
Mod icon md Heywood69
Since: Mar-2015 Vip   Verifiedbadge
pushpin 1826 - 21 Reviews

I remember a thread where providers wished for right-click to be disabled so their pics wouldn't be stolen.  Looks like it's been implemented, noticed it last night.

I liked right-clicking to open ads from the main listing page in a separate tab.  Can still shift-click to open in a separate window, but it's not the same.

Eda56ec4d42f59390e933e281c3fc992
tophat VooDoo_Child
Since: Jul-2014
pushpin 1470 - 21 Reviews

Disabling right-click within the individual ad would work, but not being able to open multiple ads is time consuming.

If I open an ad then return to the listings it takes forever to load again... using a mobile/tablet

Apple touch icon 114x114 precomposed
Roundicons free set 47 admin
Since: Apr-2014 Vip   Verifiedbadge
pushpin 1621

This is correct.  We disabled the right-click because of provider's request to keep their photos and information from being taken by unwanted people.

I do see the scenario where you would want to open up different listings in different tabs.  We enabled right-click again on the listing search page until we figure out a better solution.  

Please also check out the new list view.  The idea behind that view is so you can see more listings at once and hopefully resolve some of the loading time issues.

0awacya.jpg.cf
tophat johndeere
Since: Sep-2015
pushpin 2

Screen resizing, screen capture, and photo editing with any number of simple to use phone and tablet apps will allow anyone to "steal" a photo.  Disabling right-click really just makes it slightly less convenient while at the same time degrading the overall user experience.

I could post an example if desired.

Roundicons free set 65 admin
pushpin 1621

Those things you mentioned is for images and having to go through those steps usually means lower quality photos and a big hassle.

What other 'overall user experiences' are people using with right-click?  We can try and work around them while still protecting the provider's info.

0awacya.jpg.cf
tophat johndeere
Since: Sep-2015
pushpin 2

From my perspective, really just opening ads in multiple tabs.

Roundicons free set 62 admin
pushpin 1621