Forums » General » Health & Wellness » Maca powder

Felixbag
tophat peckerotis
Since: Jul '16
pushpin 1807 - 4 Reviews

This stuff really works. Makes Junior feel young again. There's still hope--

"Despite being revered for its medicinal properties for thousands of years, maca root is one of the newest remedies to take center stage in the natural health community, and its newfound superfood status is well-deserved. Researchers are continually turning up new health benefits associated with this powerful root vegetable.

What is maca? Known by its scientific name, Lepidium meyenii, maca is a type of cruciferous vegetable native to the Andes of Peru. Maca has a similar appearance and size as radishes or turnips with green tops and roots that range in color from yellow to purple and black.

The pleasant-tasting root is usually available in powder form after being harvested and grounded down. Not only is it a natural source of healing nutrition, but it also has a long history of being a safe superfood that has been consumed for its health benefits for thousands of years in regions of the Andes Mountains.

It’s also considered an “adaptogen,” a name given to certain herbs, plants and natural substances that help the body naturally adapt to stressors like a busy schedule, demanding job or illness.

Not only that, but maca provides a host of important micronutrients and is jam-packed with antioxidants, and it has been shown to improve sexual health, balance hormone levels, and improve energy, mood and memory.

Maca Root Benefits

1. Rich in Antioxidants
  2. Enhances Energy, Mood and Memory
  3. Improves Female Sexual Health
  4. Balances Estrogen Levels
  5. Boosts Male Fertility"

589dc9dd290000f616f25971
tophat 96perv
Since: Nov '16
pushpin 24 - Qr 33 Reviews

I am in agreement! It does work! Felt like a Brahma Bull when I tried it. Available in powder form at Target stores.🐂👍

Humpty
tophat lowmORALfiber
Since: Oct '17 Vip  
pushpin 886 - Qr 5 Reviews

You got any info on what form or brand is more effective?

In an actual store and pocket-sized is preferred.

Felixbag
tophat peckerotis
pushpin 1807 - 4 Reviews

https://www.anthonysgoods.com/ 

It comes in a gelatinized powder form that I mix in my morning  "Pond Scum" drink. I've lost 40 lbs in about a year on this diet. You can search for my "Pond Scum" recipe on NS. Maca Powder is a recent addition.

Felixbag
tophat peckerotis
pushpin 1807 - 4 Reviews

Alot of you have requested the recipe of my "Pond Scum" diet that I have lost 40 lbs on in the last 9 months (228 to 190 lbs).

So here it is, like it or leave it!

Very little exercise. I have the Pond Scum 4-5 days a week for breakfast. I've eliminated most carbs from all meals, no soda, too much alcohol and red meat. Little fruit other than PS and not a vege fan. Smaller lunch and dinner portions. My SO makes the PS every 4-5 days, it will ferment if you keep it longer. She fills up a blender with varying portions of apples, pears,cucumbers, avos, kale, spinach, and celery. Adds some water, half a lemon, 1/4 cup flax seed meal or 4 tbsp flax oil, 3 scoops of whey powder,1 tsp ginger powder, 1 tsp tumeric.  Recipe is modified depending on what we have or what tastes good. She seals it in jars and refridgerates it. I drink as much as I can stand  : - (  . Maybe a large glass full- a hella lot of fiber, can cause loose stools. I frequently go without lunch and try to have an early dinner. It is amazing how quickly I have lost and kept off the weight. Good luck, and drink it with a wide straw (sold at Bed & Bath), and hold your nose as you consume it.    Like it or leave it---

Now add 1 teaspoon Maca Root Powder to each daily glass. The drink doesn't really taste bad- just a lot of fiber which is really beneficial to your digestion. 

Humpty
tophat lowmORALfiber
Since: Oct '17 Vip  
pushpin 886 - Qr 5 Reviews

Found 8oz bags of the gelatinized form from Navitas Organics at Whole Foods, for the low low price of free dollars!

Pointless yet related movie clip.