Forums » General » Health & Wellness » Cleaning those sex toys

150px jonathan goldsmith 2009
tophat pokermountain
Since: Oct '14
pushpin 927 - 23 Reviews

It takes some knowledge of materials and cleaning techniques and diligence to keep those sex toys safe - especially when in use on unknown others.  I don't generally trust providers that I don't know personally to be diligent to do what is necessary so I usually don't opt for a prostate service even when periodically I might be so inclined.   Don't mean to be Debbie Downer but wonder what those who do partake in sex toy use do.  Do you ask to clean the tool yourself?  Do you bring your own?

https://www.bustle.com/articles/142427-how-to-properly-clean-your-sex-toys

Arlee this is my avatarthere are many like it but this one is mine
tophat heyjoe
Since: Jul '14 Vip  
pushpin 1143 - 25 Reviews

wrap some plastic on her plastic.. condom  on a sextoy will take care of that.. 

what is  the acronym for that?

i havent partaken but have seen ladies put condom  on their toys before

Yoursquarecuddlyteddybear
tophat Valida
Since: Jul '14
pushpin 313 - 9 Reviews

wrap some plastic on her plastic.. condom  on a sextoy will take care of that.. 

what is  the acronym for that?

i haven't partaken but have seen ladies put condom  on their toys before

---

Yes, I have condoms (small size, non-lube) for all the sextoys that I offer the ladies.  Helps her relax and feel safe.  

Little bullet vibe takes a mini-condom sold as "finger cot" in drugstores, and I once found branded "Toy Covers" in a sex shop but not online. 

Who wants to suggest a euphemism and acronym for toy cover condoms, or toys used with a cover or condom?  

Squifffffy
tophat Squiggy
Since: Feb '15
pushpin 3599

Just always think of it as a rifle that needs cleaning.

Img 3573
rose Bunni
Since: Feb '17
pushpin 322 - 22 Reviews

Alcohol wipes helps as well & using hot water before & after. 

Grog 02
Mod icon md Cunnylingerer
Since: Aug '14 Vip   Verifiedbadge
pushpin 2611 - Qr 56 Reviews

Put a condom on any toy you use to penetrate. The toy doesn't care. 

Cunny 

A9b38550 1f26 444e a818 a8d38c55a199
rose LollyPoptart
Since: Jul '15 Vip  
pushpin 3651 - 100 Reviews

Correct. I keep a supply of the cheaper standard condoms for this purpose. No need to use the really good thin ones, the Soviet-era type will do. 😂

8927e894 0205 4aeb bf62 bc40a338abe3
rose OriginalCyn
Since: Mar '17 Vip   Verifiedbadge
pushpin 557 - 57 Reviews

If the toys are porous they MUST be boiled. Wipes/ Hot water won’t clean the germs that get into the toy. 

tophat Admirer
Since: Sep '14
pushpin 711 - 83 Reviews

CTJ...covered toy job

2f5b11a240d03a76d816c3f3d1ac4bdc
tophat MrRoboto
Since: May '17
pushpin 1648 - 12 Reviews

I find washing with regular soap does the trick!  

Oh you referring to toys other than your hand!  

That's usually the only toy I need!!! LOL

Raw 2227 003
rose HairyAfricanmilk
Since: Aug '14
pushpin 411 - 54 Reviews

Wrap it up. Anytime, all the time It doesn't matter if it's breathing or not.

Anal sex toys in particular need to cleaned and covered without exception since there is a risk of HIV transmission if not done so.

Love, 

Mercedes

Hhu8f2sfgywnfchxl6c9wyn5jex fm
rose ginagirl
Since: Jul '14 Vip   Verifiedbadge
pushpin 1232 - 98 Reviews

I normally leave butt toys soaking in Listerine so that everyone who may want to play with them knows they are clean.  I wash with hot water and anti bac soap then soak.  I use condoms on them as well but leave em soaking so everyone knows they are clean as I love to give prostate fun and don't want any reluctance or worries on the part of the person being played with.  I know some ladies use boiling water as well.  Does anyone find that it breaks the toy with the boiling water?  Like Lolly I use the cheap condoms or the ones I have gotten for free from Planned Parenthood for my toys.