Forums » North Bay » North Bay - Lounge » Very odd calls from "hobbyist" or LE this trip...

Img 1756 %282%29
rose onya cox
Since: Aug '16 Vip  
pushpin 310 - 84 Reviews

I'm not a typically paranoid person.  But this trip has been unusual to say the least... 

Anyone else hear or notice anything sketchy lately?

Utah canyons
tophat 007davebond
Since: Dec '16
pushpin 62 - 4 Reviews

I've read some posts in the last day or two that make me think there is something unusual going on. Girls talking about a huge spike in the number of guys contacting, without setting up an appt, or flaking if they do set one up.

Sadly, I can't recall which posts, so I can provide no links to them.

What have you been experiencing, Onya?

Img 1756 %282%29
rose onya cox
pushpin 310 - 84 Reviews

Lots of ambition.  seemingly over ambitious guys who for one reason or another don't screen.  A lot of unique reasons why they can't or don't want to. The communications don't flow like typical ones. 

A few guys focusing mainly on where my location is, what exit etc. 

tophat honu1111
Since: Jun '15
pushpin 352 - 1 Review

Do you spend much time in the SR area (I can't remember seeing your ads up here) ? Sorry to say- the area has a LOT of flakes. Also- were you posting on BP as well?

While the past week or so has seemingly brought a flood of good providers, more often it is mostly unreviewed (or questionably reviewed) providers. A LOT of bait and switch / robs, shitty service, upsellers etc.  NS really hasn't caught on with the hobbyists in the area, partly due I think to a general lack of reviewed providers visiting the area. Made worse by the fact that during the long tourist season finding a hotel can be impossible.

Add to this that outside of 5 or so hotels (Fountaingrove, The hiltons, the flamingo, doubltree in rohnert park and courtyard marriot (I think- always get it mixed up with the one next door) , most of the hotels in SR are sketchy as fuck. Lots of drug and police activity. And the cops do vice stings more ofthen then is published in the paper (going after hobbyists- rarely if ever hear of them going after providers with the exception of those that appear to possibly be underage). I actually used to have a regular provider who came through frequently before she retired- she actually got stopped and talked to by the cops once when they were doing a sting - their only concern was making sure she was not pimped or trafficked and was providing of her own free will. They didn't hassle her at all really.  

So yeah- there are a lot of flaky hobbyists, many of whom are paranoid to start with and don't (or don't know how) to do their homework. 

I'll also add- during the week there is often a 3hr or so window around rush hour where getting from one part of town to another is almost pointless. I know I have had to call and reschedule or cancel a couple appointments because traffic was not moving and a 10 minute trip was going to take 40.

Probably shooting myself in the foot here. The area is bad enough without scaring away good providers. Anyway- hope you come back to the area- your ad caught my attention this weekend just haven't had the time...

tophat zenlover
Since: Mar '15 Vip  
pushpin 560 - 51 Reviews

Just be careful, if it doesn't feel ok, don't do it. The mistake providers make is either getting lazy with screening or they let the desire for cash skew their sensibilities. 

Utah canyons
tophat 007davebond
pushpin 62 - 4 Reviews

Odd. Hard to imagine what could account for that kind of change in the norm. A little frightening, i suppose, but mostly a good reminder to screen and verify, and take good care of your regulars. I'm still pretty new to NS, but the risks to all of us are too great to take screening lightly. I gladly answer any questions when I contact a provider I haven't seen before, and don't (try not to?) get offended if she decides she doesn't have enough info to go on, and denies me an appt. I respect her need for safety and security. 

tophat Deemorrison619
Since: Mar '17
pushpin 173 - 10 Reviews

Some people like myself are new. We read the stories of bait and switch, robs etc. Personally, I would like to know what hotel or at least where, because I don't want to go to a motel, I personally feel like they are alot more sketchy and prone to LE or robs etc.

Since I am new, I don't know the process as much as a frequent flyer but I will ask questions. If I want to know something I will ask, it'll save us both time. I don't ever book a time unless I am serious. I do inquire and not book. No different than you calling stores to see what they have in stock and how much it is. That's just business. If I don't like the attitude or responses I will not proceed. 

I mean for someone like you with reviews etc I would'nt ask so many questions. But that's me. 

When you say screen, are you screening them. Personally, I don't mind being screened. But I can see how people who have kids, wives, jobs, go to church etc., would not want any personal info out there at all. But that's part of the game. You gotta pay to play.

Coming from a newbie hope that helps!

Utah canyons
tophat 007davebond
pushpin 62 - 4 Reviews

Agreed!

tophat honu1111
pushpin 352 - 1 Review

Lots of ambition.  seemingly over ambitious guys who for one reason or another don't screen.  A lot of unique reasons why they can't or don't want to. The communications don't flow like typical ones. 

A few guys focusing mainly on where my location is, what exit etc. 

---

Well, I'll add- I've been a hobbyist, off and on, for 20+ years (back to when Craigslist had the Erotic Services section. Santa Rosa has been the worst hobbying spot I've ever lived (other then Hawaii).

I pretty much got out of the hobby for a few years back because of it. Once RB went down and my last semi-regular retired... nothing was happening on the NB scene on NS and ~6 or so bad experiences (and no good ones) with BP....

A lot of the hobbyists here aren't very savvy- it's never been a busy enough spot with good providers for the sites to pull in much community. And it's been very busy with bait and switch. Robs. Pimps. etc, etc. 

As to the location thing... I'll admit- I often ask "what part of town are you in" because of planning for traffic. It can also give an idea if they are in a shithole motel or one of the 5 or so good hotels.

None of this should have been a problem for a well reviewed provider like yourself... but then again, back to a lot of the hobbiests not being that savvy. And... to be fair...in the time between RB going down and some good providers starting to visit recently and NS picking up a bit for the area... I did my homework on hundreds of providers- all a complete waste of time. 

It's a shame. The area could be very good to providers. But we have years and years of shit to overcome first. 

Sorry, welcome to the hell many of us hobbyists have to live with here. And I have to travel ~40 minutes just to get to SR.... it's hardly worth it and I'm sad I had no free time while you were here.

Img 1756 %282%29
rose onya cox
pushpin 310 - 84 Reviews

All very good points.  I can assure all of us that I have never stayed in a motel 😉  

Some areas i travel it can be difficult to find anything except motels. Those areas I travel to only on rare occasions.  

Im hoping I am being overly cautious. But i am not taking chances. Calling this trip extremely low volume.  😉

Img 1756 %282%29
rose onya cox
pushpin 310 - 84 Reviews

😘

Img 1756 %282%29
rose onya cox
pushpin 310 - 84 Reviews

When you say screen, are you screening them.

yes. That's where the red flags are coming from. Ones unable to screen or unwilling to. 

Img 1756 %282%29
rose onya cox
pushpin 310 - 84 Reviews

All good points as well. The traffic is a good one. That would make a Lot of sense regarding location being brought up so frequently. I forget there's traffic up here..... it's feels so far from the bay.  

Thanks 

tophat alpineride1299
Since: Jul '15
pushpin 185 - 13 Reviews

So sorry to hear about all of this. The area gets so dogged in the forums it's depressing. Mainly because the good guys suffer the consequences. I would love to see you but I did my taxes this weekend. Let's just say it didn't turn out the way I had planned. But I'd like it if solid providers continued to come up here occasionally. You're well into that category and certainly on my list. I hope it ramps up this time around and you still decide to return. Be safe. 

Img 1756 %282%29
rose onya cox
pushpin 310 - 84 Reviews

Tax time sucks for the industry. I call it the resession!  I was happy to see the resession ended last week for the most part... sorry about the bad news. I'm sure I'll be back. Too many regulars not to return. 

tophat honu1111
pushpin 352 - 1 Review

Tax time sucks for the industry. I call it the resession!  I was happy to see the resession ended last week for the most part... sorry about the bad news.

---

Ha- try doing taxes under 280E as part of the cannabis industry. Some wiggle room on the grow side. No deductions whatsoever on the retail side- no deductions for employees, advertising, insurance, supplies, etc etc. Averaging about a 50% tax rate- and that's with a CPA who used to be part of the IRS team that wnet after "drug dealers". And people think we're all rich...

Img 6839
rose michelleinthebay
Since: Jun '14 Vip  
pushpin 550 - 38 Reviews

Yep been like that the last month or so

Img 1507
rose EmmaRose
Since: Oct '15 Vip   Verifiedbadge
pushpin 582 - 52 Reviews

I agree the north bay use to be one of my favs but for some reason it's changed. I've never had a bad reputation, I put in a lot of foot work in every area I go and always give time on me to meet in public for ice breaker. I am 100% about safety. I always go with my gutt and have no problem walking away empty handed if even slightly unsure. Then if they wanna try again then we do!!! Life happens, things get in the way and we all have had our moments. But in all honesty I hate that it's became so difficult. This is fun and should be simple and safe for everyone. I seriously love the physical act of what I do but the other crap is for the birds lol!!! 

can't we all just have fun! 😘 Hahahaha 

Kim2016 1
rose luckynumbers415
Since: Jan '16
pushpin 19

Yeap lots of noshows and canceling is a sign of being stalked, cased, scoped out...tracked, targeted

Img 0729
rose OriginalCyn
Since: Mar '17 Vip   Verifiedbadge
pushpin 406 - 40 Reviews

Is this specific to Sonoma County? I'm not experiencing this in Marin, which is why I'm asking.