Forums » North Bay » North Bay - Lounge » North Bay Fires Pt.2

Giphy
rose jadebaby901
Since: May '15 Vip   Verifiedbadge
pushpin 835 - 95 Reviews

So I'm just continuing from everybody has left off.. 

Initially there were 60 wildfires in Sonoma County. The major ones were Calistoga hills,mendincino Novato the Petaluma grass fire

Img 20160713 152754
tophat Yousername
Since: Sep '16
pushpin 73 - 4 Reviews

Giphy
rose jadebaby901
pushpin 835 - 95 Reviews

10 major wildfires still 0% contained 

Tormund
tophat easymorning
Since: May '15 Vip  
pushpin 649 - 7 Reviews

Thanks for keeping the thread going, Jade.  I'm in the midst of it but thankfully safe.

Hope everyone else is safe up here in Sonoma/Napa.  It's awful up here and heartbreaking.

Img 3578
rose AlluraAmour
Since: Jan '17
pushpin 361 - 89 Reviews

Img 2610
tophat HoHoBaOil
Since: Oct '17
pushpin 36

How can I emergency shelter some goats and sheep? I have some land with a fence, it's smokes here but not terrible.

Img 3578
rose AlluraAmour
pushpin 361 - 89 Reviews

Someone posted this and I wanted to share it. 

Img 3803

tophat dxl2001
Since: Sep '14
pushpin 17 - 5 Reviews

I heard one man talk about how a cop or fireman went back to his home to leave bowl of water for a missing cat or dog. Can't forget about the animals impacted by this disaster.

Img 2610
tophat HoHoBaOil
Since: Oct '17
pushpin 36

I've been bringing donated supplies to Petaluma shelters all day. The good news is almost every shelter there has been brought so much stuff that they don't any more right now.

Latest
tophat pa2caliin84
Since: Jun '17
pushpin 92 - 6 Reviews

I hope all of my fellow North Bay nightshifters are safe. Jasmine, if you see this, please let me know how you're doing or if you need help.

tophat Val_Killmore
Since: Mar '17
pushpin 284 - 2 Reviews

I was watching the 5 o' clock news this evening and it was heartbreaking hearing how people lost their homes. The death toll so far is 15 around the state. prayers to them all.

Img 3578
rose AlluraAmour
pushpin 361 - 89 Reviews

I think it'll get worst. I'm watching the news now and they said that wind is expected to pick up. On top of that, tomorrow and Thursday are red flag fire warning. This wild fire may spread even more to different areas like how it's almost spreading toward Oakmont (which is east of Santa Rosa) and Bennett Valley. The other wildfire near Napa or Sonoma is spreading toward Solano county too 😢

tophat Kevin_Karma
Since: Jul '17 Vip  
pushpin 176 - Qr 25 Reviews

yeah all rooms booked at my motel here in fairfield were from firefighters from southern california they are headed that way early morning

tophat Mapu Si Soa
Since: Jan '16
pushpin 4

My family home of 26 years was taken by the fire on Monday morning at 2:30am outside of Kenwood.  I don’t live in the area anymore, but I lost everything I own, except my father and our 2 dogs. Prayers and love to all of you that are still in harms way.  Good luck to you all.  Be safe and take care of yourselves.  

Giphy
rose jadebaby901
pushpin 835 - 95 Reviews

Omg prayers and happy spirits go out to you and your family!✝️

Img 3578
rose AlluraAmour
pushpin 361 - 89 Reviews

We need a Miracle... 

Img 3974

Img 3578
rose AlluraAmour
pushpin 361 - 89 Reviews

My thoughts and prayers goes to you and to all who's been affected by this major wildfire. 🙏

Giphy
rose jadebaby901
pushpin 835 - 95 Reviews

Positivity, kindness, perseverance and FAITH will get each individual through this time of need "with God, all things are possible" he puts us through what seems terrible but is only testing ones strengths. I know it doesn't sound good but its true. "Trials and tribulations"

Growing up as a child my family and I lived poor, we'd be lucky to actually get new school clothes every year. We lost a total of 4 homes to fires. It was hard but my mom was a very spiritual woman with a close relationship with God those days and showed us how to take nothing and turn it into something. 

tophat TheSeeker
Since: Sep '16
pushpin 228 - 4 Reviews

Having faith and positivity is so important in life. This has rapidly become the worst natural disaster I've personally witnessed in my lifetime, and with the winds picking up tonight and red flag warnings until 5pm tomorrow it's not going to get better soon.

Losing 4 homes to fires, I can't imagine how you persevered, I'm sorry for your misfortune but glad to see that you have survived with the right attitude.

And now this is thousands of families losing homes, not to mention all the businesses that will be effected. There are going to be so many pieces to pick up once the flames finally die down, but I think the most important thing we can all do is try to help one another. If we can all try to help where we can our pain will be lessened and our communities will rise with greater strength than before. 

Img 6747
rose Aven2015
Since: Aug '15
pushpin 3807 - 21 Reviews

EM, 

..you’re in the midst? I had no idea. 

Very sorry to hear, hope you are holding up. 💚

This is a great post —much needed. ..

have relatives in the area, I think just

about everybody knows someone affected.

It’s wrenching. 

People come together in times of need. 

Giphy
rose jadebaby901
pushpin 835 - 95 Reviews

Sorry wasn't trying to come off as if I was comparing, more so relating. But this situation is 100x more dangerous but what I was trying to say is as a community we will get through this devastating natural disaster which has taken dozens of lives in counting. I've been back an fourth this whole week I've seen the damage It's done it's heart breaking hearing the stories from the victims. 

Anyways Also if anyone wants To donate Text REDCROSS to 90999 to give $10 to American Red Cross. Charges will appear on your wireless bill, or be deducted from your prepaid balance.

Tormund
tophat easymorning
Since: May '15 Vip  
pushpin 649 - 7 Reviews

Thanks Aven...yeah, I'm right in the thick of it but safe.  Unfortunately, so many beautiful folks I know have lost everything.

The community is strong as hell up here.  Hoping the winds stay down today.

♥️

tophat kindian
Since: Sep '14
pushpin 39 - 5 Reviews

It is devastating to see the damage. I am in Napa and still waiting to see if my home is still standing. Even with the calm winds last night it seems the fire has grown even more. It feels like we are being surrounded

tophat Dud333
Since: Mar '16
pushpin 172 - 6 Reviews

Hope everyone reading is out of harms way. I managed to leave the north but I've seemed to lost all of my belongings. Stay safe out there everyone

Img  201607186  043931
rose Barbarella2.0
Since: Sep '17
pushpin 14

Yes, "devastating"...shocking, crippling, heartwrenching, saddening, horrifying and disastrous; the Northbay situation has had me numb & jaw dropped since it unfolded late Sunday nite.

I feel so bad for all my friends, clients and fellow providers who reside or work in the areas from Napa over to Santa Rosa, Rohnert Park, Guerneville & even Mendocino...

As well as the thousands of other people in these areas...

So much sudden loss and furious destruction by nature, and possibly the negligent or malicious intent of a human...we will see what the determination is to be.

Iconic and historic locations, and beauteous neighborhoods, wiped out so quickly. 

Sonoma & Napa county areas will enchant you & I tried to enjoy as much of the recreation areas as possible when I took my trips there.

I never got around to experiencing the renowned dining of the Fountaingrove Inn & planned to stay there someday, & never stayed at the Hilton, but I shopped & stayed near the Steele lane, Bicentennial(Piner/Hopper Ave) area numerous times.

Also Fountaingrove/Montecito being one of the loveliest drives in the county too...so sad.

As well Mark West Springs up to Petrified Forest Road...

I'm glad Spring Lake park wz spared by the fires but a lot of Annadel burned I heard...

And the hills nxt to awesome Bennett Valley...

😢😧😭😭

Ya know, my eyes have been burning for days & the East bay has had so much smoke & ash, but I will bear it knowing that in that smoke & ash are traces of people's things, lives and history & possibly even loved ones, as morbid as it sounds, but bottom line true.

This is so far from over & frankly all the latest media posturing is so lame & late & im sure like many others I'd rather see clips of them actively fighting these fires now instead of using precious time just introducing appointed leaders of departments...

Just frustrated and feeling for u all up there~know im thinking of each of you who've communed with me & shared special times & talks, & ladies I've gotten to know too.

Take care everyone and be strong and know you will heal.

😮😶😱😲😕😭

Barbarella2.0

aka SexyLindy