Forums » Monterey, Santa Cruz » Monterey, Santa Cruz - Lounge » Betty Burger Santa Cruz

tophat Midnight_Rambler
Since: Sep '17
pushpin 155

Was in a hurry and found myself going there earlier today, ate their Big Betty Burger, with sweet potatoe fries, it was filling but the burger itself was dry thank goodness the cup of thousand island dressing or whatever it was enhanced the flavor, and the total cost me almost 14 bucks!  If I hadn't been in a hurry I'd gone to the McDonald's nearby but blame me for wanting an alternative burger joint.

November1
rose IntimateDesire
Since: Jul '14
pushpin 64 - 19 Reviews

i have eaten there before too,  was not impressed.  not to mention my burger was still raw and had to send it back.  i'd rather go to Rosies on Pacific.  lol  

20170908 165956
rose MissLizzy
Since: Nov '16 Vip  
pushpin 499 - 13 Reviews

Is it even worth it to go. I pass by it every now and then

tophat acguy
Since: Feb '15
pushpin 151 - 5 Reviews

I don't think it's worth the money. The big thing for Betty's is the organic beef/no hormones stuff. I think the burgers are overdone and dry.

tophat Sparky21
Since: May '16
pushpin 85 - 3 Reviews

I live near there I tried to go there and be a regular customer but just could not because of the reasons everybody just posted too dry overpriced and not a lot of flavor.

Cameraclipart65
tophat Tmann
Since: Nov '14
pushpin 737

Dang it! Now I'm craving sweet potato fries. (lol)

tophat Clyde Dale
Since: Aug '15
pushpin 30 - 7 Reviews

i've been digging Burger in Aptos. Many creative options

tophat Southbayspartan
pushpin 55

Yep, walking distance from the beach but not worth it. 

Squifffffy
tophat Squiggy
pushpin 3531

Did u ever try Harvey Hamburger instead of Betty Burger?

Charred so you dont get roar meat.

Oh and next time you go,  ask BettyBurger what exactly is in her "secret lube sauce".  Nuff said.

Harvy Milk's --HARVEY HAMBURGERS  (home of the happy hamburger)     500 Castro Street, San Francisco, 94114 

tophat Genki
Since: Mar '17
pushpin 1942

It sounds like they need a new and better cook!

G

20170908 165956
rose MissLizzy
Since: Nov '16 Vip  
pushpin 499 - 13 Reviews

Thanks everyone.

tophat Midnight_Rambler
pushpin 155

Their sweet potato fries were great kind of thin, but plentiful and had flavor. I just don't know who could afford a two item 13 dollar meal of theirs on a daily basis other then the one percent fat cats. I'll just stick to McDonald's or Burger King. 

Squifffffy
tophat Squiggy
pushpin 3531

Did u ever try Harvey Hamburger instead of Betty Burger?

Charred so you dont get roar meat.

Oh and next time you go,  ask BettyBurger what exactly is in her "secret lube sauce".  Nuff said.

Harvy Milk's --HARVEY HAMBURGERS  (home of the happy hamburger)     500 Castro Street, San Francisco, 94114 

---

OO   I forgot.   Charlie Chesseburger  is great if you prefer a cheeseburger over a burger.  Its down near Santa Maria in Orcutt and they make their own cheese.

Charlies not there anymore cuz of the machete duel.   But Roberta is still around.

tophat Joshcos35
Since: Aug '16
pushpin 16 - 5 Reviews

Y’all ragging on bettys, downtown and 41st are the best locations, seabright is the first establishment and somehow lesser quality. 

Anyways, Point Grinder bareback (lettuce bun), the only place I ever get a burger with no bun and I swear it will be the best thing on this side of the hill. 

Enhanced 31929 1460040622 9
tophat invisibleyogi
Since: Jan '17
pushpin 220 - 8 Reviews

the 41st location is the best, never had a dry burger there

tophat stocktownguy
Since: Dec '14
pushpin 144 - 10 Reviews

Ate there once a few years ago. I enjoyed it. Rarely in the area; but when I am again, it'll be on my list of places to go.

tophat acguy
pushpin 151 - 5 Reviews

If you're looking for a hamburger in Santa Cruz, try Burger. on Mission. They aren't inexpensive but pretty good.

tophat Edwolfe007
Since: Jul '14
pushpin 37 - 13 Reviews

East End, right near the move theater, in the old tony and albas space on 41st ave.

Fb img 1503170500981
rose SimplySummer
Since: Oct '16 Vip  
pushpin 748 - 22 Reviews

how weird. I was just there today & my burger was amazing. 

and those sweet potato fries are. to. die. for!! 

maybe they have a new cook 🤷

Img 20130513 011320 524 optimized
tophat Youfirst
Since: Aug '16
pushpin 10 - 7 Reviews

over rated

tophat cruzinguy
Since: May '15
pushpin 143 - 15 Reviews

Jack's in downtown, and also surfrider Cafe makes a great burger. 

tophat Elvis P
Since: Jan '16
pushpin 845

I don't think it's worth the money. The big thing for Betty's is the organic beef/no hormones stuff. I think the burgers are overdone and dry.

---

Maybe they're TOO health conscious, and use 90/10 beef (as opposed to the slightly fattier, but tastier 80/20), in addition to the organic/no hormones sales pitch.

Like they say, if it's (supposedly) better for you, it's probably going to taste like shit.