150px jonathan goldsmith 2009
tophat pokermountain
Since: Oct-2014
pushpin 692 - 20 Reviews

Bill and monica
tophat Maxoff
Since: Jul-2014 Vip  
pushpin 248 - 7 Reviews

As MJ becomes legal in more states, and heavily taxed and regulated, LE will not be out of work, they will focus on black market (untaxed) weed which will remain a very lucrative and potentially risky business.

doesn't show face mole cropped
rose Rachelsonoma1
Since: Jan-2016 Vip  
pushpin 628 - 4 Reviews

MJ is already heavily taxed in Sonoma County. The voters recently approved a tax on growers that will be allowed to go as high as 10% of their gross. That's too high, IMO. The growers have expenses!

Mod icon md honu1111
Since: Jun-2015 Vip  
pushpin 342 - 1 Review

@ RachelSonoma...

And let's not forget- we have to deal with 280E for paying Federal taxes- nominal tax rate can shoot as high as 70%. Growers have some ability to deduct at least some normal business expenses, retailers do not. I know like 280E (which covers "illegal" drug activity, the IRS has specific tax codes for everything from bribery to embellzement to money laundering. Anyone know if there is one for prostiution?

And yea- cops love the money. Having been through the alice in wonderland world of civil forfeiture before over cannabis...twice... it's fucked up shit.  Washington Post didn't an excellent series a year or so ago on the private networks police have set up so they can target drug money moving across the country. And quite clear they are letting drugs pass through to get the cash on the return trip...

tophat trj_66
Since: Nov-2016
pushpin 21

Asset forfeiture laws are crazy.  They assume you are guilty and you have to prove you are innocent. 

The following video is by a lawyer who explains why you shouldn't drive while in possession of cash.

https://youtu.be/Jr2oItXC1eM

tophat trj_66
Since: Nov-2016
pushpin 21

Here's another example of asset forfeiture that was wrong and the courts finally overturned.

https://youtu.be/cMhd71jCm-4

20170710 084800 burst01
rose sashaminxxx
Since: Mar-2015 Vip   Verifiedbadge
pushpin 1298 - 48 Reviews

I know a lot of small independent family growers in Mendocino county that are going out of business because of the cost of licenses.

Sasha Minxxx😀

tophat jimdaniels
Since: Dec-2015
pushpin 152 - 3 Reviews

• I would like to thank the idiots that voted to legalize marijuana that just gave the state government more authority to tax and regulate the industry.

Img 1466
tophat mobiletru
Since: May-2015
pushpin 489 - 13 Reviews

Good they can get a real job 

Images
rose ErikaSoooSpicey
Since: Feb-2017
pushpin 118 - 9 Reviews

Very....True

🌶ES

Felixbag
tophat peckerotis
Since: Jul-2016
pushpin 749 - 3 Reviews

And what exactly is your "real" problem? Growers in the Pacific Northwest are bringing in alot of jobs and income to the local economy which has been devastated by the demise of the lumbar industry. Do some reading and see the results of medical marijuana research in more liberal countries like Israel and Spain. It's here to stay. The only problem is the government can't profit from what I grow in my own back yard.