tophat Buttlvr
Since: Jul '14
pushpin 457 - 11 Reviews

Doesn't give me wood but sure makes me hungry 

20171011 133330
rose superhead
pushpin 1049 - 22 Reviews

is the foodie forum suppose to give you wood?

Naked woman holding her breasts sb 7742 img 0880 black
tophat pohaku
Since: Nov '14
pushpin 628

I heard that rib BBQ have distinct 2 school of styles.  chewy and falling off the bone tender.

I prefer the tender ones 

Love Eastern North Carolina Vinegar Sauce but I use molasses instead of brown sugar.

http://www.meatwave.com/blog/barbecue-sauce-recipe-north-carolina-vinegar-sauce

tophat Elvis P
Since: Jan '16
pushpin 878

I heard that rib BBQ have distinct 2 school of styles.  chewy and falling off the bone tender.

I prefer the tender ones.

---

Who prefers chewy meat?!? People are usually willing to pay extra to ensure a tender cut of meat (e.g. filet mignon and ribeye).

Naked woman holding her breasts sb 7742 img 0880 black
tophat pohaku
Since: Nov '14
pushpin 628

tophat acguy
Since: Feb '15
pushpin 170 - 5 Reviews

No. A correctly cooked rib is neither. On a correctly cooked rib, if you take a bite out of the meat, you should be able to bite all the way through cleanly. And, with a slight tug, the meat should come away from the bone cleanly. If the rib is under cooked, it won't bite through or it won't tug away from the bone but rather be chewy and stick to the bone. If the rib is over cooked, it will fall off the bone as you pick it up.

20171011 133330
rose superhead

my lunch today yup fall off the bone delicious!

20170812 173642

tophat acguy
pushpin 170 - 5 Reviews

I hope you enjoyed them superhead! They don't look like the kind of rib I'd enjoy myself but that's just me. I'm a bit of a BBQ snob.

Koala
tophat JJLICKIT
Since: Apr '15
pushpin 2857 - 13 Reviews

Maybe you need some BBQ sauce on there !

20171011 133330
rose superhead

Nope I don't like alot of sauce messes up my manicure and yes I enjoyed every BIT! 

tophat Kendo
Since: Jan '17
pushpin 64

So how do you know they are not ribs you would enjoy?

they look fine to me. Nice crisp outer layer. Meat looks tender on the inside.

i gotta tast it.

tophat acguy
pushpin 170 - 5 Reviews

First, I look a more substantial rub on ribs. I prefer the common "sweet heat" to the rib. My rub has a substantial amount of sugar, a variety of other spices including cayenne. Next is I don't see a smoke ring. It doesn't look like the rib had time to cook down the fat or form a smoke ring. So in the end the "chew" isn't what I prefer. And I like a bit of "wet" or BBQ sauce to finish the rib. I'm not saying it's not a tasty rib. Lots of people will really enjoy it. It's just not my kind of rib.

tophat Kendo
Since: Jan '17
pushpin 64

Spoken like a chef

got it. Now that's  what I'll look for in my own ribs.

20171011 133330
rose superhead

well that's why there's so many choices at the ribcook off it's huge and fun not everyone likes the same thing how boring would life be if that were the case. 

Koala
tophat JJLICKIT
Since: Apr '15
pushpin 2857 - 13 Reviews

I was actually replying to acguy. That maybe he needs some BBQ sauce on there. I think it looks tasty! I like Dry rub slow cooked even BBQ sauce on there. It's all good! If your not getting messy with BBQ sauce dripping all over than your bit eating Ribs properly. Just kidding! Finger Licking Tasty!!!

tophat acguy
pushpin 170 - 5 Reviews

Sauce is good but like I said previously, I look for other things as well. I'm just as picky with the other stuff I cook. I do a lot of fundraiser stuff with BBQ now. Everyone that's had it will tell you I'm my own worst critic. LOL!! A properly cooked pigsickle is hard to beat.