Forums » General » Fitness & Nutrition » Lifting Music

Clipdarkwing6
tophat scarfner
Since: Jul '15
pushpin 331 - 28 Reviews

Hey everyone! 
What are your top 10 tracks (or less, or more?) that REALLY get you going during a workout? 
The kind that you just have to stop and close your eyes for a second because you can feel your body tensing up and getting ready to LIFT BIG TO GET BIG! 

Mine are:

Audioslave - Cochise
Audioslave - Exploder
Audioslave - Show Me How to Live
Blue Stahli - ULTRAnumb
Disturbed - Voices
KoRN - Twisted Transistor
Rush - Driven (Live in Rio)
Slipknot - Wait and Bleed 
Symphony X - Domination
Velvet Revolver - Slither

Special honors to the song that, for some reason, always shows up to every gym I've been to:
Taylor Swift - Trouble! 

I was originally going to post my entire Playlist, but all of them have at least 70+ songs, and that'd be nuts. And format unfriendly. =P
Might make a cardio one, too, because the two playlists are so different. 

Connery
tophat Ghosthandlrider
Since: Sep '15
pushpin 390

Try this one on for size ! 

!

Picsart 11 18 02.02.22
rose chicag0.babie21
pushpin 554 - 22 Reviews

Most def top 4
Tinashe-cold sweat
Kendrick Lamar-The jug is up
Logic-Metroplis
Logic-Under Pressure

tophat escape
Since: Aug '14
pushpin 1152 - Qr 48 Reviews

Back in my boxing days this band was on my playlist when I did a lift/cardio/bag workout...

These days I just listen to a Pandora shuffle.

tophat sweetnutsforyou916
Since: Oct '15
pushpin 118 - 17 Reviews

I am more of an R&B/rap/hip-hop kind of guy but for the life me there is no way I can ever seem to get motivated to lift listening to R&B/rap/hip-hop.  Below is a list of groups I've complied for my lifting playlist based on recommendations and sampling different styles:

Amon Amarth
Rammstein
Pantera
Slayer
Sepultura
Kalmah
Children of Bodom
Dimmu Borgir
Cannibal Corpse

F7553f59 21be 4ad7 aa16 01d719e94ffb
rose Brook Banks15
Since: Apr '15 Vip  
pushpin 415 - 37 Reviews

My iTunes is kind of a hot mess of songs I love and a whole lot of "please don't judge me". I have a few hundred songs and I don't have a set play list, but I tend to go for a beat. That helps motivate me, or at least keeps me moving
"Yes, I've been known to get in the zone, forget where I'm at... and shake my butt a little":)))
Ab time, I tend to go with a slower grove.

rose MilaSweets
Since: Jan '16 Vip   Verifiedbadge
pushpin 179 - 35 Reviews

Nice! I did kickboxing for years, but my jab and cross are way meaner than my kicks ;-)
We listened to a lot of metal at the gym. It helped pump everyone up!

Download
tophat soundwave12
Since: Sep '14
pushpin 571 - 1 Review

Before bench presses:

20170710 084800 burst01
rose sashaminxxx
Since: Mar '15 Vip   Verifiedbadge
pushpin 1474 - 54 Reviews

Fela Kuti
The Roots
Outkast
J. Cole
Missy Elliott

Sasha Minxxx

tophat stevew94580
Since: Apr '16
pushpin 14

When I got out of the military and was still power lifting i had these bands playing at all times on my CD player and mp3 player
Obituary- Slowly we Rot
Slayer- War Ensable
​Cannible Corpse- Addicted to Vaginal Skin
Sepultura- Dead Embronic Cells
Danzig- She Rides
Danzig- Am I Evil
Metallica- Creeping Death
Megadeth- Sweating Bullits
Sepultura- Orgasmatron
Motorhead- The Ace of Spades
Slayer- Dead Skin Mask
Anthrax- Cought in A Mosh
​Anthrax- Indians
NWA- Straight out of Compton
Too $hort- Dont Fight the Feeling
and many many more.... but those songs ALWAYS got me into "Kill Mode" at the gym and they still do!!!!

tophat madmtbiker62
Since: Aug '15
pushpin 22 - 4 Reviews

AC/DC. Tnt

Img 7002
tophat Heisenberg69
Since: Oct '14
pushpin 229 - 5 Reviews

tophat Elvis P
Since: Jan '16
pushpin 845

Anything Rock, and more on the harder/heavier side. Black music, whether old school, or this current Rap/Hip Hop stuff, isn't aggressive or energetic enough. Danceability doesn't apply in a hardcore gym environment, IMO.

tophat Plum
Since: Apr '16
pushpin 773 - 22 Reviews

I prefer "To Alpha Sector" by Michael Angelo Batio for some rhythmic fucking music. 

California outline color
tophat mrcali209
Since: Feb '16
pushpin 1618 - Qr 46 Reviews

my gym play their music too loud

rose Amara
Since: Jun '16
pushpin 120 - 23 Reviews

If you're into rock music, try Skillet,Buckcherry, ACDC, or The pretty reckless. Her sty;e varies and can get you in the mood for any workout. :)

Lineman
tophat Jettn
Since: Jul '14
pushpin 1420 - 32 Reviews

I hit the iron and treadmill almost daily.......and when I do wink

tophat Raymond
pushpin 44 - 4 Reviews

I am going to be that guy. I used to listen to music until I really got into Olympic lifts (snatch and clean and jerk) which require a lot of timing and balance. Having headphones in really distracted from my breathing and technique. No joke, with headphones Max clean was 215 without 245... With that said, when I ised to warm up before pitching in college I would listen to music that made me angry, I mean teeth grinding, psycho eyes angry. 

Till i collapse - eminem
toxicity- system of a down

shit like that.

tophat Perseus
Since: Jan '17
pushpin 6 - 5 Reviews

It definitely varies from session to session. But since I love Eminem, I have to go with his hard hitting songs like: Forget about Dre, Infinite, Square Dance, Old Time Sake, Rabbit Run, Say What You Say, Soldier and of course Till I Collapse. Honestly, I can just list his entire discography. Like I said before, it depends on the day. Some day I lift to classical piano music. Moonlight Sonata to start it off. 

tophat Elvis P
pushpin 845

Olympic lifting requires 100% concentration, due to the amount of technique involved in the lifts. Same thing with powerlifting, but to a slightly lesser degree. Music doesn't seem to bother bodybuilders, because poundage, leverage, and 1 rep max isn't their primary concern.

tophat 50sXfittr
Since: Nov '15 Vip  
pushpin 1202 - 18 Reviews

I'm normally a classic rock guy, but for my Crossfit and running workouts I like to listen to mostly Hip-Hop and rock.  Some favorites:

Flo Rida - Low
Quad City DJs - C"Mon N Ride It
Pink - Get The Party Started
Nelly - E.I.
The Offspring - Pretty Fly
B52s - Love Shack
Usher - Yeah
Heavy D & The Boys - Now That We Found Love
Sir Mix A Lot - Baby Got Back
C+C Music Factory - Gonna Make You Sweat

tophat escape
Since: Aug '14
pushpin 1152 - Qr 48 Reviews

FFDP is the shit....

tophat Wonderblond66
Since: Dec '16
pushpin 431 - 26 Reviews

When I'm lifting I don't even notice the music unless it's classic rock.  Music/no music, it makes no difference in my workout.  I do like music in my cross fit(ish) class, classic rock works best for me but whatever the instructor is using is fine. I never wore headphones, I started lifting before they became popular and I don't like them on my head when I work out. I don't even like to wear lifting gloves when I work out, for that matter I wear as little clothing as possible. I'm kind of a minimalist when it comes to fitness except for the volume and intensity of the workouts themselves. 

3f235c9677ce90c351688ceab82a2dd1
tophat Lonelyoneironaut
pushpin 197 - 12 Reviews

I don't use headphones when I lift but for cardio I love to music to get in my zone and push myself.

https://youtu.be/e_qjb2I6Vbs

https://youtu.be/LKGjriLs1Cg

tophat Believeyoume559
Since: Dec '16
pushpin 35 - Qr 7 Reviews

Killswitch Engage

Atreyu

Breaking Benjamin

Enjoy