Forums » General » Feature Requests » Locking Threads of Shill handles

Image %281%29
tophat PnkPrlHntr
Since: Jun '17 Vip  
pushpin 1942 - 10 Reviews

Would it be possible for NS to automatically lock threads that are started by shill handles. These threads are always started to create drama and chaos. Once they are found to be a shill locking the thread would prevent the shill from continuing that thread by creating a new shill handle.

Anyone else have thoughts on this to keep the unnecessary drama to a minimum?

Image %281%29
tophat PnkPrlHntr

Bump

tophat Pete35
Since: Jul '17
pushpin 250 - 11 Reviews

Been saying this for a while. My account actually got suspended for a week. They said that I was guilty of trolling a troll. Lmao. Cause I posted three messages in a row to lock a troll topic. It's been getting worse since the beginning of the year too.

89ad9a30 1653 4350 baea 0767a48c6519
tophat Yogurt
Since: Jan '18
pushpin 32 - 1 Review

They should remove their post too when it's user removed, I seen some troll post that got bumped. For example, that one user "BBFS_SF".

Image %281%29
tophat PnkPrlHntr

I had thought about that to. It does make sense. But in the troll thread that BBFS_SF started on advocating for pimps it drew out others that advocated with him. A good thing that it exposed a couple bad apples to the providers. So simply locking these troll or shill threads would have an advantage to.

@Pete I've been suspended for the same thing but I did it on #25 and was told pin in it just to lock a thread and end the argument wasn't fair. Learning experience.

Anyone else have some suggestions

Image %281%29
tophat PnkPrlHntr

Bump

Alert the latest troll or shill handle is SoiledDick

Mmspicture 20171102074846
rose maiyarosee619
Since: Jan '17
pushpin 306 - 27 Reviews

I always wondered this question,  when and why do they decide to lock a thread??  Some are locked when people still want to reply while others are still not locked even after months.... 

Tiger 06
tophat EmperorJNorton
Since: Apr '17
pushpin 1095 - 8 Reviews

I always wondered this question,  when and why do they decide to lock a thread??  Some are locked when people still want to reply while others are still not locked even after months.... 

---

Most other forums will date lock a thread as it isn't generally helpful to have four year old and one day old information commingling.  One of the many problems with post locking is exhibited here with what is it now 5 or 6 threads re: swallowmewhole ?  It makes me think that the software running the site is some seriously archaic code that can't handle threads longer than 25/6 posts.

As for locking shill threads - On one hand it's a good idea.  On the other it's a terrible idea as one of the mods thinks I'm a shill and I'd rather not have my threads locked because someone is confused.