Forums » General » Feature Requests » Track my vote on usefulness of reviews

Einstein tongue
tophat DurDen
Since: Jul '15
pushpin 322 - Qr 20 Reviews

Please figure out a way to track whether hobbyist have already voted a review useful or not, so we don't vote on it multiple times, and we can see that we already voted it.

Einstein tongue
tophat DurDen

"helpful," not useful...

Apple touch icon 114x114 precomposed
Roundicons free set 33 admin
Since: Apr '14 Vip   Verifiedbadge
pushpin 1781

If you vote on a 'helpful' review, it doesn't allow you to revote. It only allows you to unvote.

Einstein tongue
tophat DurDen

If you vote on a 'helpful' review, it doesn't allow you to revote. It only allows you to unvote.

---

That's not what I experience in the interface. I can mark a review "helpful" both in the brief summary of the review, under the list of recent reviews, and also inside the review itself. If I come back to that listing, or to the review, later on, I can again click on the "yes" or "no" buttons.

Roundicons free set 15 admin
pushpin 1781

Ah I see what you mean.  

We copied the same UX as what Amazon does.  You will get the "Was It Helpful" prompt again after you refresh the page, but if you vote again, it doesn't double count.  It will only change the vote if you changed your mind.  Ie.  If 4 of 5 people found a review helpful and you voted 'Yes' the first time, it would change the count to 5 of 6 people found it helpful.  Even if you voted 'Yes' a second, third, etc time, the total would only be 5 of 6 people.  Only if you changed your mind and clicked on 'No' would it change the vote to 4 of 6 people found it helpful.  

Hope that makes sense.

Einstein tongue
tophat DurDen

Got it, a confusing interface. It tracks any user's votes, presents the options to vote again, but does not record a double-vote, only a changed vote. In other words, you/we have some measure of certainty that no single user is gaming the tally.

Roundicons free set 68 admin
pushpin 1781

Correct on all accounts.  

It is a bit of an odd user interface.  We could potentially hide the button that you already voted on, but it's the same as on Amazon so their metrics must be telling them something...