Forums » General » Feature Releases » Chat!

Hd wallpaper 2601
tophat publicdrunkiness
Since: Feb-2015
pushpin 69 - 3 Reviews

Chat issues to my knowledge have now been resolved. Sorry for the delay, but if you experience any issues, please let me know. Thanks, and happy chatting!

tophat skydiver
Since: Oct-2016
pushpin 33

Is there a way to create a "Private" chat room that doesn't show up?  And then if you type in the correct chat room name, you can join it?  This would allow for some of us to create our own "private" chat areas.  Thanks.

Squifffffy
tophat Squiggy
pushpin 3330

I'm not so sure Imma gonna be able to  find a invisible chat room.
I get lost on regular stuff.

Fb img 1498527601136
tophat Pusimassage
Since: Mar-2016
pushpin 1494 - 54 Reviews

Can't remove chat now from my screen! 

Img 3434
rose Sierra_Skye
Since: May-2016
pushpin 181 - 12 Reviews

Thanks for The Chatroom NS 💋🖤

rose Allie_fbsm
Since: Oct-2015
pushpin 33 - 28 Reviews

I was about to ask the same question, how do I remove the chat now from the bottom of screen. But I got rid of it by logging out and then signing back in and it went away.

Blowjobarea  45930.1414772304.1280.1280
tophat Nealanblome69247
Since: Jan-2016
pushpin 679 - 10 Reviews

I was about to ask the same question, how do I remove the chat now from the bottom of screen. But I got rid of it by logging out and then signing back in and it went away.

---I hate the placement of that icon.  It blocks the send button on the inbox 

tophat Bengee50
Since: Nov-2015
pushpin 4 - 3 Reviews

Anyone get an answer to this question?

tophat Boomer1525
Since: May-2016 Vip  
pushpin 54 - 8 Reviews

(Deleted)

________

Mod edit: Off topic comment removed. This is an on topic forum. 

CL

*Moderated on Jul 09

Gungadinjaffe
tophat charlesm
Since: Mar-2015 Vip  
pushpin 426 - 2 Reviews

(Deleted)

Chat is rather rubbish on mobile, and dead when I'm on a PC, so haven't tried it too much, but it's awesome to have the option, thanks NS.

(Making it useful on mobile would be amazing.)

________

Mod edit: Reply to removed off topic comment deleted.

CL

*Moderated on Jul 09

tophat Jsno23
Since: Feb-2017
pushpin 233 - 17 Reviews

This chat icon is fraking annoying. I can't remove it from my phone screen.

Gungadinjaffe
tophat charlesm
Since: Mar-2015 Vip  
pushpin 426 - 2 Reviews

Log out, log back in.

tophat Smile_Doc
Since: Oct-2014
pushpin 293

Chat is dead anyways 

Sex bp 03
tophat juster
Since: Oct-2015
pushpin 99

imho chat is just too sluggish and difficult to use in general, if there was a better chat software in place people would be more inclined to use chat.

Hd wallpaper 2601
tophat publicdrunkiness
pushpin 69 - 3 Reviews

Yes, however it's purposely disabled. If you're trying to group chat it's just what you see there or private messaging.

Hd wallpaper 2601
tophat publicdrunkiness
pushpin 69 - 3 Reviews

Still an issue, or no? If so, where do you suggest placement of the icon? 

Mod icon md EverSteady
Since: Sep-2014 Vip  
pushpin 233 - 11 Reviews

Is there some reason that NS uses this chat program and not the old 123 flash chat program? This is a terrible chat program,it's clunky and poorly designed...anyway to switch back to the old chat program?

Hd wallpaper 2601
tophat publicdrunkiness
pushpin 69 - 3 Reviews

Yes, and for numerous reasons. Just to name a few:

1. 123 Flash Chat went out of business for one, so good luck getting a license or them to host it as they were.

2. It was very insecure and had been hacked just prior to the conversion to another chat system.

3. Flash is proprietary (Adobe owns it and created it. It's their baby) and being phased out due to the abuse of advertisers and its ability to, "draw over other apps" without you knowing. Lot of flash blockers were created for this reason.

4. Apple and Adobe had a giant pissing bitch fit in 2010-2011 with each other over flash when Steve Jobs decided they don't want to support it on their mobile devices and Apple won.

5. On cell phones and mobile devices, not just Apple now, there is no flash support or ability to use flash within the browsers like Chrome and Firefox. Everyone has moved to HTML5 and other open source alternatives that are less intrusive to the end user's experience.

6. Security holes in Flash and 123 Flash Chat like swiss cheese.

7. Streaming media from a Flash Media Server is expensive, bloated, and one hell of a costly overhead if you want it to work right. They push video through the server itself instead of establishing a connection between you and the other user sharing video. This means if you have 100 people watching 1 person on cam, it actually needed 100x more bandwidth on the server than it does now.

I can keep going, but most people won't understand even those reasons. The by far biggest reason is they don't exist anymore. There is an alternative and very similar product made by FlashComs called Community Chat, but even they had to make an alternative product for mobile devices, and again the overhead to run it is much much much more expensive than what is in place. Plus the scalability of what is there can go over 100k people at one time and FlashComs can't.

A lot of thought went into this, trust me.

Mod icon md EverSteady
Since: Sep-2014 Vip  
pushpin 233 - 11 Reviews

Thanks for the informative reply.

It makes sense,but I still really hate the interface for this chat program!

Tim curry legend o
tophat Gentlemansavage
Since: Jan-2017 Vip  
pushpin 616 - Qr 19 Reviews

Not only is it dead, but the Mod there is kind of an (deleted)

Mod edit: flame removed. 

dd

*Moderated on Jul 09

Photogrid 1501040188412
rose PrettyChick247
Since: Mar-2015
pushpin 532 - 32 Reviews

I love chat and pop in whenever I can. But its rather dull. No one chats, just girls trolling for dates. The old chat....format and all.....was great! Used to be a ton of people chatting at any given time. Def miss it!

tophat Ghwk152
pushpin 43

Unfortunately just seems unresponsive on an iPad.