Forums » General » Feature Releases » Beta Testing Listing Layout - Part 3

Apple touch icon 114x114 precomposed
Roundicons free set 18 admin
Since: Apr-2014 Vip   Verifiedbadge
pushpin 1475

Continuing the discussion.

https://www.nightshift.co/forums/65/topics/beta-testing-l-isting-layout-2

We are looking into how to make it so you can go to a listing page directly and still save your spot in the search results.

I achieve the same result by opening the ad in a new tab. That makes it easy to flip back and forth between ads. 

And I notice that many of the ad pics are distorted. Making providers look very, um, "disproportionate". I think some providers might not be very happy with that. It's certainly something that shouldn't happen on an ad site. 

I'm still sticking with the classic version for now. I tend to lose my place with the beta version. 

Cunny

Having listings open up in a new tab is easy enough to accomplish if people don't mind.  We just figured people wouldn't want multiple tabs open but, willing to give it a try.  

If no one has any objections, we can deploy it on Wed.

tophat Stainless
Since: Aug-2016 Vip  
pushpin 406 - 1 Review

The only problem with multiple tabs is that Safari in private browsing will tend to sign out if a tab is reloaded. Could be very annoying. Let's give it a try. 

Ok, I'm back:) The time limit is a few minutes, and the user is not signed in on the new tab (so no direct link to profile or reviews). This will not be good at all for private browsers. Forward and back in the same tab is the only way to get full function. I'd love to be wrong. 

Roundicons free set 68 admin
pushpin 1475

Thanks for checking that for us Stainless!

We're looking into how to save the location of the search when you click on '<- Back' in private mode.  Not sure if it's possible but, we're investigating. 

tophat Stainless
pushpin 406 - 1 Review

Saving the position of the search matters less with pages (as in Classic) as opposed to the continuous scroll of New Coke, and I don't think I've seen a sign out just from the back button. Hopping between tabs will sign out in less than 3 minutes, or less than the time it takes to sign in on the new tab. 

tophat Stainless
pushpin 406 - 1 Review

Unrelated: browsing New Coke on a desktop Mac, pop ups don't scale or scroll - I get nice big pictures, but can't preview the listing text or even see the button to open the listing. I can open the profile from the search page, but that's still 2 clicks away from the listing. 

Grog 02
Mod icon md Cunnylingerer
Since: Aug-2014 Vip   Verifiedbadge
pushpin 2306 - 49 Reviews

The pics are too large in the normal view. Pic #1 shows how much of a pic I can see without panning around. 

Pic 2 shows the full pic that you can only see all at once by squeezing the image. 

Many of the pics are badly distorted. Bad for providers and hobbyists. Pic 3 shows the provider's pic as it appears on her review page. 

Pic 4 shows that same pic as it appears in her ad. 

Pic 5 shows you what else gets too big for its britches when you zoom in on the ad pic. 

Cunny 

Img 2844

Img 2845

Img 2847

Img 2848

Img 2849

Roundicons free set 33 admin
pushpin 1475

Hi,

Yes, we changed the default size from 600x600 to 800x600 for the new photos.  Providers will have to upload new photos to keep it from stretching.  Trying to figure out the best way to resolve this w/out manual uploading...

The review pictures will utilize the new photo sizes.  We just need to update the review code to take advantage.  

FYI, for new coke, we are going to make it so it opens in a new tab vs the modal to try things out.   This should be deployed tmrw.  

Grog 02
Mod icon md Cunnylingerer
Since: Aug-2014 Vip   Verifiedbadge
pushpin 2306 - 49 Reviews

What about the pics being too large to see on my screen?

Cunny

Ladiesanim
rose Amy's Lair
Since: Jul-2015 Vip  
pushpin 170 - 44 Reviews

Love the new photo gallery. Upload works smoother and the pics look great.

A request - more of a preference to consider among other requests that I'm sure are more pressing and important...

Is there an option where you can have the photo gallery be a continuous scroll?

Right now as you go through the pics on a  listing you are scrolling from pic #1, to pic #23, then pic #3....so on to pic #7, then it stops, and you can go backwards (#6, then #5, then #4) - but when the old gallery would reach the end it would then start over -- (pic #5, pic #6, pic #7, then pic #1, pic #2 ....).

I liked it better when you reached the end of the pic gallery it started over at pic #1. Just seemed easier to use... A continuous scroll.

Not worth re-writing a lot of code - just if it is a simple fix and nobody else has a problem with it...

thanks for all you do!
~Amy

Roundicons free set 39 admin
pushpin 1475

Hi Amy,

Done!  You can now scroll from last to first automatically.

tophat serguei
Since: Aug-2014 Vip  
pushpin 72 - 19 Reviews

Much better! ~ Thank you Amy and Admin! 

Ladiesanim
rose Amy's Lair
Since: Jul-2015 Vip  
pushpin 170 - 44 Reviews

I'm thinking I may be becoming something of a pest - and I hope that isn't the case...

but I'm now seeing the listings with the pics in a ginormous size again when I'm viewing the web site online on a laptop (not phone). The pics are blown up larger than normal size and they get kind fuzzy and grainy.  I saw and mentioned this a couple of weeks ago in thread #2 I think.

Nslisting

Roundicons free set 61 admin
pushpin 1475

Thanks for posting.  We are working on it right now and will update when it's been resolved!

tophat DocHoliday
Since: Dec-2015
pushpin 2

Page numbering:

OLD LAYOUT- we are able to see the page numbers on the bottom and click a link to any page. For example: 1 2 3 4 5 ..i can click on either page or click next or previous.

NEW LAYOUT- we do not have that option. We see pagew 1-215..with an option to click forward or back one page. If Im on page 20, i am not able to just click page one. I have to keep clicking the back arrow to get to page 3 or 4. 

The old layout was very convenient.

Roundicons free set 62 admin
pushpin 1475

Sounds good.  We'll add that.

Please note, we will soon be transferring over to the new listing search.  Please fill out any other suggestions you may have.  Thx!

2015090795125553 21
rose BrittneyBanks
Since: Sep-2015
pushpin 55 - 100 Reviews

Is there a date set yet to switch to the new listing page? Cause the old one barely updates anymore, I saw it change once this morning and it only added one more listing. It's a bit frustrating

Roundicons free set 23 admin
pushpin 1475

Our aim is to convert to the new listing search before Feb 1st.

Thx

2015090795125553 21
rose BrittneyBanks
Since: Sep-2015
pushpin 55 - 100 Reviews

Awesome thank you! Can't wait :D

tophat Stainless
pushpin 406 - 1 Review

Filters are nowhere near fixed. 

Roundicons free set 39 admin
pushpin 1475

Filters should be all resolved.

Lolly 5132 private
tophat 180gROC
Since: Aug-2016
pushpin 24 - 1 Review

Is there a way to make it so the aspect ratio of the listings thumbnails doesn't change with browser shape? On my desktop they are just a tic horizontal of square when the broswer is maximized but change if you change browser window shape. On mobile the thumbnails look 4x6 vertical.

What this does is make it almost impossible for ladies to find a listings cover pic that looks good on any platform. You can have a square and it looks good on a desktop monitor, a portrait and it looks good on mobile and if you have a landscape you are kinda hosed both ways. 

If you can constrain that thumbnail aspect ratio the ladies will know what crop works best and wont be getting their main ad pic chopped up depending on the platform its viewed on.

tophat aszej
Since: Aug-2014
pushpin 8

I need to reset the filters every time I come back to the website 

tophat Travusmcgee
Since: Jun-2014
pushpin 13 - Qr 26 Reviews

I need to reset the filters every time I come back to the website 
---

I second this.  Love the site overall, but I liked it better when I could just set a location and a range and it was always the default unless I changed it or turned off the filters.  I'd like to see this feature back.

Roundicons free set 36 admin
pushpin 1475

Hi,

You an click on the grid icon to change the view back to the grid view.  We are working on a cropping tool to allow providers to upload images so it looks good on list view as well.

We will set it so that it defaults to the last saved search when you return to the site.  This will allow you to not have to reapply the filter when you refresh the page.

tophat Travusmcgee
Since: Jun-2014
pushpin 13 - Qr 26 Reviews

And now the filters hold between sign on's!  Thanks!